All courses are 10.00am – 4.30pm
Please be aware that weather conditions mean that we don’t always get on the water when we desire, however, as there is a certain amount of theory to all these courses, we try to work around the weather as best we can making the most of what we receive.
|Date||Course 1||Course 2|
|8 July||RYA stage 1 -4|
|15 July||RYA stage 1 -4|
|22 July||RYA stage 1 -4||Start Sailing|
|29 July||Start Sailing
RYA stage 1 -4
|5 August||RYA stage 1 -4|
|12 August||RYA stage 1 -4||Start Sailing|
|19 August||RYA stage 1 -4|
RYA BASIC SKILLS (LEVEL 1 & 2) 5 DAYS
This sailing course is ideal for those with a little experience and keen to learn more. You will get as much time afloat as possible in a variety of dinghies resulting in greater independence.
On completion of this course, you should be able to rig, launch and confidently sail your own dinghy without an instructor on board.
Please bring the following with you:
- warm clothing (lots of woollen layers) for the upper body
- a hat
- gloves (cycling gloves are good if you don’t have sailing ones)
- trainers that you don’t mind getting wet (not wellington boots)
- lots of warm socks or neoprene booties
- waterproof, wet-suit and buoyancy aid if you have them (otherwise provided by CSBC)
- a complete change of clothes
- plastic bin bag for wet clothes
- long hair must be tied back
- minimal jewellery
- MEDICATION (inhalers etc.)
- Pack Lunch and a flask of soup / hot drink
There is a members lounge and bar upstairs which you can visit if you wish to invite family or friends down to celebrate your achievements with you on Sunday afternoon or on the last evening of the course.
Private Dinghy Sailing Lessons 2019
Private Lessons are made by arrangement with the instructors through the CSBC RYA Training Centre. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time and a date that suits you, the instructor and the weather.
Should the weather not be suitable we can postpone the lesson to a more suitable date in the future.
Please contact sailing email@example.com if you have any questions.