Notice of Race: 2016
- Organising Authority
Cushendall Sailing & Boating Club.
Current ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the prescriptions of the RYA, current class rules applicable to competing yachts, this Notice of Race, the Sailing Instructions and any amendments thereto.
- RYA Racing Charter
Competitors should note that CSBC has implemented the RYA Racing Charter and that, when entering, competitors will be required to undertake to sail in compliance with the Charter.
All yachts should carry a valid CYCA or Portsmouth Yardstick (PY) handicap. CSBC organising committee may be prepared to issue a temporary handicap.
Boats shall belong to or be chartered to and under the control of a member of CSBC or a yacht club affiliated to the RYA or other equivalent National Authority.
- Safety Requirements
Cruisers will conform to ORC Category 4 at all times. Dinghy classes must sail within their class rules
RRS 80 will apply.
- Sail Numbers
RRS 77 and Appendix G, and ORC Special Regulation 4.01 will not apply. All boats shall display a sail number on the mainsail, easily identifiable from the Committee boat, and this is the number to be shown on the entry form. Sail numbers on all headsails, including spinnakers, shall be the same as those on the mainsail unless previously authorised by the Committee.
All entries shall be made on the appropriate entry form where applicable.
- Racing Schedule
Races will be as posted in the club Events Calendar. Warning Signal will not be before the time stated in the programme. Amendments to the programme will be posted in the Clubhouse and the CSBC website
The CSBC marks or Courses Card will be used unless otherwise stated with a number and optional letter denoting the course to be sailed. The course number will be communicated in the Clubhouse and may also be communicated on VHF Ch 8.
Results will be posted as soon possible after sailing in the clubhouse and the CSBC website.
Perpetual trophies are awarded at the Annual Dinne
- Safety Regulations
All competitors in dinghy events shall wear personal flotation devices at all times when afloat, except briefly when changing or adjusting clothing or personal equipment. Wet suits and dry suits are not considered personal flotation devices. This changes rule 40 and the Part 4 preamble.
- Risk Statement
Rule 4 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: “The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone.”
Sailing is by it’s nature an unpredictable sport and therefore involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
- They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent tisk whilst taking part in the event;
- They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore;
- They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions;
- Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate;
- The provision of a race management team, patrol boats, umpires and other officials and volunteers by the organizer does not relieve them of their own responsibilities;
- The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme circumstances, as can be practically provided in such circumstances; and
- For offshore races they are responsible for ensuring that their boat is equipped and seaworthy so as to be able to face extremes of weather; that there is a crew sufficient in number, experience and fitness to withstand such weather, and that the safety equipment is properly maintained, stowed and in date and is familiar to the crew.
The boats is adequately insured, with cover of at least £2,000,000 against third party claims.
Warning Signals (2016) – see Club noticeboard
- Series Discards (2016)
Series discards are as follows:
|Event||Races sailed||Races to count|
|Spring Series, Tuesday Series & Summer Series||12||9|
|1,2,3,or 4||All count|
|All Dinghy & Cruiser Series||7 / 8||6|
|1, 2 or 3||All count|