Health and Safety Notice – Issued 26th June 2012
Following the recent fire and total loss of Carrickfergus Sailing Club Building I would like bring to everyone’s attention the following Health & Safety measures related to CSBC Club House.
• The Electrical meter and Boiler rooms are to remain locked and are not to be used for storage. (Please note : I have removed items from electrical switch room and left in Training Room until alternative storage is found. These should not be put back into this room).
• All electrical equipment within the building, with a plug top (and without a dedicated notice and isolation switch) must be unplugged when the building is closed. See list below :
o Radios, water heaters, extension leads, chargers, micro-waves, dish/glass washers.
• Light fittings are to be not to have anything placed over or beside them which would impede their ventilation.
o Please note: Includes low voltage bar fittings and wall lights.
• No one is permitted to interfere with the electrical circuits without authorisation from the Maintenance and/or Health & Safety Officers.
• Under no circumstances should petrol, diesel or gas be stored in the building, irrespective of whether it is in a suitable container.
• No flammable material is to be stored under the internal or external stair cases.
Thank you for your co-operation in advance,
Health and Safety Officer
Photo’s thanks to John Mc Laughlin.
Thanks to John McLaughlin for the footage captured today:
This Sunday the 27th of May will see CSBC welcoming back RS400 sailors for a one day event.
We’re aiming to get 6 short races completed with the first race starting at 11:30 and no race to start after 15:30.
Why not let us know if you intend to sail by leaving your details here.
A list of current entries can also be found at the above link.
Due to the forecast, we’ve taken the decision to cancel this Saturday’s training.
Training will resume next Saturday 26th May.