Health and Safety Notice – Issued 26th June 2012
Following the recent fire and total loss of Carrickfergus Sailing Club Building I would like bring to everyone’s attention the following Health & Safety measures related to CSBC Club House.
• The Electrical meter and Boiler rooms are to remain locked and are not to be used for storage. (Please note : I have removed items from electrical switch room and left in Training Room until alternative storage is found. These should not be put back into this room).
• All electrical equipment within the building, with a plug top (and without a dedicated notice and isolation switch) must be unplugged when the building is closed. See list below :
o Radios, water heaters, extension leads, chargers, micro-waves, dish/glass washers.
• Light fittings are to be not to have anything placed over or beside them which would impede their ventilation.
o Please note: Includes low voltage bar fittings and wall lights.
• No one is permitted to interfere with the electrical circuits without authorisation from the Maintenance and/or Health & Safety Officers.
• Under no circumstances should petrol, diesel or gas be stored in the building, irrespective of whether it is in a suitable container.
• No flammable material is to be stored under the internal or external stair cases.
Thank you for your co-operation in advance,
Health and Safety Officer
Photo’s thanks to John Mc Laughlin.
Thanks to John McLaughlin for the footage captured today:
This Sunday the 27th of May will see CSBC welcoming back RS400 sailors for a one day event.
We’re aiming to get 6 short races completed with the first race starting at 11:30 and no race to start after 15:30.
Why not let us know if you intend to sail by leaving your details here.
A list of current entries can also be found at the above link.